Welcome to The Miller Practice
We are a high achieving, NHS GP Surgery in the heart of Islington. We pride ourselves on offering our patients excellent access to a Doctor or Nurse at times when you really need it, and friendly and professional staff to help you. Our vision is to deliver high quality, comprehensive healthcare services to all communities and to ensure a good experience of both in and out of hours primary care for patients, carers and their families.
We hope you find everything you need on this website but if not please don't hesitate to call the Reception Team who will be happy to help.
Please also note that we have our Practice leaflet and website information available in a number of languages and formats including on CD, so please ask Reception for more information. We also offer a hearing loop facility at Reception and in consultation.
The Miller Practice
49 Highbury New Park
Directions / Map
Did You Know?
- We offer a daily Quick Access Clinic where patients are seen on the day you need to be seen . Please note you will be seen for one acute problem only. Please attend the Practice from 08.30 - 10.00, where you will be seen on a first come, first served basis, or if you are worried about a long wait, give us a call and we will estimate a time for you to come in, when we think you can be seen with the minimum amount of waiting.
- We also offer a Duty Doctor service, where you can speak to a Doctor for advice every day during our opening times. They also deal with any urgent problems outside of our Quick Access Clinic and can arrange to see you if necessary at the Surgery. To access this service please speak to a Receptionist, who can advise if this is the most appropriate service for you, and then arrange for you to speak to one of our Doctors.
- You can book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, and now access a summary of your medical records via our online system Please come in and speak to the Reception Team, who will be happy to set you up with a PIN number and instructions on how to access this service. You can also book appointments using the iHub service. More information on appointments can be found under the Appointments tab.
- Help us offer you the best service possible by informing us of any suggestions or comments you have by clicking here. -CLICK HERE. You can also contact the Practice Manager, directly on the surgery number above and they will be happy to discuss any issues you have.
- We offer a Saturday Morning Clinic. All appointments are pre-booked. Please be advised that we are unable offer an administration service such as booking appointments or repeat prescriptions etc. We apologise for any inconvenience. Please note Saturday Surgeries are not held every week.
- Did you know you can self refer for a number of services if you are an Islington patient? Physiotherapy and Podiatry and more are all available without a GP referral. Please see the page to the right.
- Improving access to general practice: evening and weekend appointments now available
Patients who are registered at this practice can now book an appointment to see a GP or nurse on weekday evenings (after 6.30pm) or at the weekends (on Saturday and Sunday). Appointments will either take place at this practice or at another NHS setting nearby via I:HUB. Talk to the practice receptionist to find out more or book an appointment.
By March 2019 everyone in England will benefit from access to general practice appointments in the evenings and weekends at a time that is most convenient to them. This is part of a national drive to help improve access to general practice and get the best possible outcomes for patients. Further information is available at www.england.nhs.uk/gpaccess
Use our Online Form
Comments / Suggestions
If you have any comments or suggestions regarding this website, or any other aspect of the practice, or you would like to join our Patient Participation Group, please click the button below. For clinical queries please contact the practice directly and speak with a member of staff. We will respond to your enquiry within two working days.